The Pre-marital course....

I still beleive that Christian Marriages are the most beautiful marriages that cn happen on Earth..Sorry, I am not hurting the feelings of my friends, But as you read through , u all might be able to follow the thoughts...
We do have a 3 Day Marriage Preparatory Course , which is made complouslory for all the christian couples to get married in the Church....On hearing this initially I was so obsessed...Why should I sacrifice, my leave and go and attend a course, of which I think 90 % of the things to be taught in the course is already known to me....But, Christian Church never leaves a loophole for anybody to escape ... I have to attend a course to get married....Thats final...So, the next Question ? Where will I attend the course ? How can I take a 1 week leave for attending the course, coz in this situation if you attend the course & come back after a week's leave , you will not be even sure if you have a job or not..So, taking leave for attending the course is ruled out...Next option....well !!! I can try and attend a course in Hyderabad itself...So, I found out that there is a course happening on every second sunday's...Oh !! That Good..I just have to attend the course on 2 second sunday's to get the so called Pre -Marital Certificate....
With no expectations I went to attend the 1st Day of the course today. I was surprised...As the saying says, wherever you go, Malayalee follows...I found around 10-15 malayalees same like me, for attending the course ...wow...wow...Like minded people...without leaves....The course started at sharp 10 am....The lectures were all handled by couples.....I might not say, it was boring...Ah, yes it happened all in an unstructured way..Nothing special that I could take away from the course except for few Learnings like...
  1. In marriages , you should keep realistic expectations
  2. Successful marrige, important factor is attitude.
  3. Communication is important for the success of marriage
  4. Men & Women is different. It's that difference between the both that makes successful marriages
  5. You can find with your partner , But make sure that when you are fighting, you fight only on a single point without bringing Past & Future into it
  6. Emotions play a major role in success of life.
  7. Give time to each other.
  8. Learn to listen. Be a good listener
  9. Share the small Happinesses that your partner has got for you.
  10. Have discipline in Life
  11. If 100 Rs is your income, you may spend up to 70 % of it, 20 % should be your savings and 10 % is what you should give for God
Day 1 ended with a Holy Mass...
Now, you all tell me, Does Christian Marriages have something in special........Yes, Its being buid up on the strength & power of Holy Spirit.
More to Next Session.......

Comments

I completely agree with you. Though being a Hindu by birth I was enthralled while attending a christian wedding in TVM. The service really brought tears to my eyes. I feel it is quite an organized way of socializing and bringing together people of great differences..While I believe religion is a medium to connect to the supreme power, I truly appreciate the efforts of certain religions that open doors despite caste creed and social status.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my Ex-roomieee..

Its all about Kids