Prodigal Son - Reloaded
One of the most beautiful parables in Holy Bible. I don't think there are any other parables which had described father's love to such a great extend. No words to describe, except AMAZING !!!
I had some questions that came to my mind when I meditated on the parable.
1. The son was able to come back to father's love only because he had experienced that love before. How is it possible for someone to come back to that father's love if he/she hasn't ever experienced that in life ?
I got the beautiful answer for this. The soul is always in search of God. There is always a thirst for the goodness, Lord. Even if I do not know God, but still my soul will be in search for that ultimately and it will try to reach there.
2. When the son is asking for the share, why is his father not convincing him to stay back or explain to him the consequences of going away.
The father is a person of love. He knows only the love language and in that language there is lots of freedom given to each individual. He is allowing his son to go away out of that freedom. He would have of course surrendered his son to the God and asked God to take care of him. The Father would have obviously not forgotten his son after he leaves him. I am sure there would not have been even a single day that would have passed for that loving father without thinking about his son and praying for him. The power of this prayer would have caused the son to come back
3. The elder son is not liking the way in which Father has treated the Younger One. Many a times, we Christians are like the elder son. Though we are close to Christ, many a times we are not able to understand Christ. We walk with him everyday but yet to understand the character of God. We are not open to receive the new comers to our community like the Elder son.
One of the most beautiful parables in Holy Bible. I don't think there are any other parables which had described father's love to such a great extend. No words to describe, except AMAZING !!!
I had some questions that came to my mind when I meditated on the parable.
1. The son was able to come back to father's love only because he had experienced that love before. How is it possible for someone to come back to that father's love if he/she hasn't ever experienced that in life ?
I got the beautiful answer for this. The soul is always in search of God. There is always a thirst for the goodness, Lord. Even if I do not know God, but still my soul will be in search for that ultimately and it will try to reach there.
2. When the son is asking for the share, why is his father not convincing him to stay back or explain to him the consequences of going away.
The father is a person of love. He knows only the love language and in that language there is lots of freedom given to each individual. He is allowing his son to go away out of that freedom. He would have of course surrendered his son to the God and asked God to take care of him. The Father would have obviously not forgotten his son after he leaves him. I am sure there would not have been even a single day that would have passed for that loving father without thinking about his son and praying for him. The power of this prayer would have caused the son to come back
3. The elder son is not liking the way in which Father has treated the Younger One. Many a times, we Christians are like the elder son. Though we are close to Christ, many a times we are not able to understand Christ. We walk with him everyday but yet to understand the character of God. We are not open to receive the new comers to our community like the Elder son.
Comments