Appointment with the Lord
On Friday, I had a meeting fixed up with the Marketing Head of Infosys. It was after a long process of scheduling and re-scheduling, I was able to get his time for just 15 Mins. I had lot of areas to discuss, but since the time allotted was only 15 mins, I had to prepare hard to condense my discussion points so that it gets packed up in 15 Mins. The meeting was scheduled for 11:30 and I was there at sharp 11:25. I had a quick chat with his Executive Assistant regarding the meeting. She informed me that there was another meeting which was going on in his cabin, so I was asked to wait for little time. Since, I had requested for the meeting, I will have to wait till I can meet him. I politely agreed and took seat at one of the beautifully placed sofas nearby. Since, I had few minutes left for the meeting to start; I decided to recite a rosary. As I started with the rosary, I began getting a Question in my Mind – My Lord is Almighty, The creator of this world. He is the once who protects me and who takes care of me. DO I EVER NEED AN APPPOINTNMENT TO MEET MY LORD?
I do not have to fix up an appointment to meet HIM. I do not have to wait outside HIS room to see him. I do not have to Prepare in advance to talk to HIM. I do not have any time constraints in meeting HIM. My Lord, the Almighty loving Father is ALWAYS WAITING FOR ME. HE is always ready to come and meet me. I being his creature, a tiny little creature and the CREATOR is asking an appointment to meet me. HE is knocking at my doors to get inside my heart to talk to me. How many times did I give HIM an APPOINTMENT?
In Luke 15:11, Parable of the Lost Son we read about Our Loving Father, who is always for waiting for us. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.” We do not have to go in search of getting an appointment with the Lord. He by his Life Death and Resurrection has given you HIS CALENDAR fully open for you. His Calendar is BLOCKED entirely for you and you only. You just have to give some time from your life’s calendar so that HE can come and meet you
Comments