Did I miss them in my Life ?
Few days back during my personal Prayer, I was trying to recollect the times when I had moved away from the Love of our Lord. I was praying to the Lord to fill me with the power of HIS spirit so that I may understand my faults and i then take a strong commitment not to repeat the mistakes This exercise, which went on for 10-15 mins, my mind was totally caught up by a Bible Quote which repeatedly was coming . It was Luke 14 :12-24 "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. [13] But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, [14] and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." At first, I couldn't understand the relevance of this Bible Quote . I then decided to sit silently for some time, then seek the blessings of Holy Spirit to make me understand this better.
Few minutes later, I was experiencing the beautiful insights that the Lord was opening to me. There were a lot of instances in my life where I had tried to build relationships with people who are higher ups to me , be it in Professional /Personal Life. Many a times, I had kept the notion that keeping contacts with people who are competent, who are brilliant and who are highly successful in life is very much required for me to succeed in my life. I always craved for spending time with them, talking to them and creating stronger relationships. I was carrying many wrong thoughts like - When a person at the Leadership level comes and talks to me, or even smile at me, I felt very happy. I felt happy because he/she knows me personally. I felt I was successful because I was able to establish a relationship with the powerful people.
Was there anything wrong in this? I felt that have never done anything wrong other than trying to get connected to influencing people. But Lord was telling me that, I was only trying to establish relationship with those people with whom I can get benefited. Nothing wrong so far. But He was asking me the next Question - How may times did I try and established the relationship with People who are poorer to me, who are professionally at a lower level, who are not infuencers , who are not the Game Changers ? Didn't I felt bad when I was not able to establish a relationship with them ?. I started seeing the situations where I had gone wrong. Jesus was asking me -
1. How many times did i speak to the Office Boy who cleaned my table everyday ?
2. Did I speak good words to the Cab Driver who had dropped me at the Railway Station/Airport ?
2. Did I smile at the Security Guard who opens the gate at car parking in office ?
3. Do I know anything about the Family of the Security Guard who is awake to keep me safe when I sleeps
comfortably at night ?
3. Did I say Thank you to the service Boy who had served me the food at Food Court ?
4. How may times did I invited my Servant/my Security Guard for celebrations in my apartment ?
5. How may times did I prayed for my Bus Driver who had helped me to reach safe at office ?
6. How may times did I thank my wife for preparing a beautiful lunch/dinner ?
Lord, I understand where I had gone wrong. I had missed to see those wonderful people in my life who were waiting for a smile from me, who were waiting for some one to ask them how they are doing, Who were waiting to get invited for a party, who were waiting for my prayers...I had missed to SMILE , missed to TALK, missed to ESTABLISH RELATIONSHIP, missed to SHARE HAPPINESS, missed to RECOGNIZE these people around me. I was only looking around for creating better positions for self, and trying to ignore the people around me who were TRYING TO CREATE A RELATIONSHIP with me.
I realized that if I SMILE at my Security Guard, it is 100 % sure that I will get a smile back. But if I smile at somebody who are at a Higher level than me, i may not get the same response. I may ask my senior about his family; he may or may not give me a reply. But try asking an Office Boy about his Family. He will be more than happy to share about his Family.
Lord, you may me to realize the need to get connected to the people who require your support , who require your love and care, who is wanting for a smile, a word of appreciation from you. As the Lord says, It is sure that they may not be able to give you back what you have given to them, But you are assured of the wonderful gifts that is awaiting you in Heaven :)
Comments