Mazhakkalam - The Rain

There is rain in my memories, and there are lots of memories with the June rains. Wearing new Uniforms, carrying new umbrella and getting ready for school on June 1st. Standing at the Bus stop and praying hard that rain should not come, but even rain goddess closed her eyes on us. While I was struggling hard to pull out Mathew & John, and get in the bus there she came. . The rain, cheating me and teasing me, making me all wet. Getting in the bus with wet umbrella and bags, and shouting at all Chettan’s and Chechi’s for not getting wet in the rain.


But I didn’t felt that anger when I came back from school that evening. After all, it’s evening and there are no worries even if I get drenched. I felt sad if rain doesn’t come to talk. And if it comes, I just enjoy the initial small drops and there after I open my umbrella. I could see, people catching fishes in the muddy waters after the rain. I too used to stand near them and see the catch. The fishes getting on the Fish hook, putting them down on the floor and them getting rolled left and right for their last moments of life. It was wonderful watching them, holding the umbrella and enjoying the rain.

Jumping in the rain waters and reaching home late, I could see my mother all waiting at the Verandah with her eyes all searching for me. Even though she scolds me for being late, still she wipes of my head and put ‘Rasnadipodi’ on my hairs. Even though my father shouts at me for playing in rain, but he himself like to sit at verandah and enjoy the rain…It makes us feel that the Mother Nature has forgotten the deep heat of the months before. It smoothen our heart seeing the little drops falling of the soil and making pits. How fast the nature changed? Till yesterday, I slept without blankets and keeping my Fan at full speed and today, I will be sleeping with blankets on and keeping a good rest to my Fan.

The rooms will be filled with clothes yet to get dry, and the charm smell of the wet clothes also belongs to this rain. It’s now a vacation for cotton clothes…I can hear the shouting’s of my mother whenever I take Jeans and hard clothes for wearing... But, I can only enjoy her warm hug when she comes running for me when there is thunder and lightning...

Rain is a loss…but also a win. The loss of yesterday, but the goodness of Today. Every rain brings the memories of those losses, and in those memories at times I forget to appreciate the goodness of Today…….



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my Ex-roomieee..

Its all about Kids