Spiritual Performance Review
It’s been a year in Australia. God has amazingly
blessed us throughout the last 1 year. All Glory and Praise to him. One thing
that has started changing my life in the past 2 months is being the part of the
Emmaus Study Group of Jesus Youth. Though I have been the part of the JY
movement for 15+ Years, there hasn’t been a life changing experience as I am
going through now as a result of this Study Group. This is a group that meets
every Saturday 7-8:30 AM. A group which is filled with all senior JYs who are
in the renewal for many years.
In the beginning like every
group I was also not sure who long this group is going to sustain as it was
done via online medium. But till date, there hasn’t been any dropouts from the
group. This shows the great experience that every participant of this group is having.
Every one sincerely makes effort not to miss even one session.
We started with the study of Personal
Prayer. For me, this has been an area of personal struggle since the time I am
in Australia. For the last 1 Year, I haven’t been able to spend any time in
Personal Prayer. I always had the desire to get this back but was never been
able to. I had several excuses to put forward for this like the early morning
travel, extremely cold weather in the morning ( 2-3 Degree) etc. But I know ultimately,
it shows my love towards God. If I am not able to spend some time with him, all
other work that I am doing (for the Lord) doesn’t make any sense. Because what
matters is my relationship with him and my connection with the Lord.
I would like to connect the Personal
Prayer with the Performance Review in Corporate. The Performance review cycle
goes like this. There is goal setting done at the beginning of the year and
there is an evaluation of the Goals happening at the end of the year ( or at
times a mid year evaluation as well). Your performance rating depends upon the
completion of the Goals. You may be rated 1+, 1 , 2 ,3 etc based on how best
you have achieved your goals. The most important factor in the performance
review is your alignment/relationship with your manager. If you are able to maintain
a very good relationship with your manager (relationship means keeping him
updated of your work, discussing with him for his opinion, taking suggestions
from him etc), your review at the end of the year would be very good. But you haven’t
been able to get connected well with your manager, you will really have to face
a tough time of performance review and you may not be able to get a rating that
you were expecting.
In a similar way, your Life is being given
a Goal – To lead a life that is pleasing to god and finally get back to him at
the end of his Journey ( to Heaven). If you are not connected personally with
your reviewer (God), there is high chance that you may lose out in this Performance
Rating Cycle. If you are able to get this review done every day, that’s the
best possible way of getting connected with your Reviewer. Talk to God, discuss
with him the challenges that you faced/facing in your life, seek his
suggestions and help, implement those and move forward. Make a habit to do this
every day. At the completion of the term given to you, your rating will never
be a surprise for you as you were aligned well with your heavenly manager.
Let’s begin this Journey of Personal
Prayer. Let’s gets connected, reviewed and corrected by our manager. Aim for 1+
finish at the end of the Journey.

Comments