Love for Humanity

The words that you are reading are not mine.I am just an instrument in the creation of these words.I am presenting the heart of a person who really want to tell something to this world.

I came before you all sometime back with my article “Where is my relegion?”I really wanted to tell something more to you all.I gave you the concept of my relegion, about my God and about my belief.But unless and untill I share with you all what made me to think in my own way , you will not be able to accept my thoughts.

The people that I have met, the ideas that I got from them, the experiences that they all have shared with me,I think it was enough and more for a person like me to rethink about my believes and practises.

Let us try to get deeper into our inner self. Being born as a Brahmin, or being born as a Christian, or being born as a Muslim, how many times we all felt proud about our relegion. To be proud about our relegion, it is really great thing. But, try to recollect - how many times this pride has changed into a jealous for other relegions.Being a Brahmin, how many times I have looked upon a lower caste Hindu with hatred? Being a Christian, how many times I hesitated to go to a church where my servant used to go?

Is there any difference for the Lord Rama that I and my servant worship? Is there any diffrence for the Jesus who lives in my home and in my neigbours-the labourer who works in my plantation-home?

Do I really love Jesus? When I am celebrating Christmas Eve with Butter cakes and fried chicken, am I able to share a portion of that happiness with my servant who lives one corner of my land in a one room Kuccha house, celebarting the same Christmas with dried roti and dal?

The people that I have met, they had only one word for me.”LOVE”. They consider love as the greatest relegion. They all have onething in common-They all believe in a single theory.”AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF, YOU SHOULD LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR ALSO”.Isn’t this the essence of the entire Bagavat Gita, the entire Bible and Holy Quran?

At this point I would like to share with you the thoughts of an Uncle who believe in love for humanity. In his own words “I was completely new to that place. I didn’t know much people over there. I and my wife were all alone. We wanted a place for stay. Since I was a Hindu, someone suggeted me that there is one person of my same community living over there, so why don’t I go and ask help from that person. I also felt that it was a very good idea. I went to his house. I asked for a place for stay. They made me to come to their house for atleast nine times and atlast they refused to give a room for me and my wife for a simple reason that they don’t like to have childern. I and my wife were again left homeless. This was our last hope.When the person from our own community closed door against us we really felt helpless.

But God always helps people who pray to him.He heard our prayers.He had come to me and my wife in the form of a Muslim woman who was ready to help us when all the doors were closed against us. I really felt that she was a real angel. Her husband was at a far place.She was staying alone in her house with her childeren. So, when I went and asked to her for a place to stay, without even having a second thought she agreed to me. I told her that I will be staying there only for a month.

Since she was a Muslim woman, she used to cook Non Vegetarian food. But I and my wife were purely vegetarians. Being understood that we are purely vegetarians; she came to me and asked my permission for taking Non –Veg food once in a week.Just see the scene, it’s her house and she was asking my permission for taking Non-Veg food. I was really surprised at that point of time. She used to cook fish at times when me and my wife went outside for dinner and she used to clean everything before we came back without even leaving a smell of Non-Veg food.This was the way in which she used to care us.

But in between this also, I had some bitter experineces.There were many people from my own community who came to visit me in my house.When my wife offered tea to them, they hesitsted to drink telling that “You are staying in the house of a Muslim.Its’s not allowded in our caste.So, its difficult for us to take anything from your house”.I felt hurt at that time. This forced me to tell on their face that “Just don’t visit me for namesake.Come to see me only when I have my own house.Till the time me and my wife staying in this Muslim house, please don’t come here”. I felt that what I told them at that point was absolutely right. Being born as a Hindu, it doesn’t mean that you are not allowed to eat with a Muslim or a Christian, you are not allowed to travel in his bike or car, your childern should not be allowed to talk with them.By these acts, what are we trying to show? Are we trying to raise our relegion or raise the thoughts of casteism? Even today, after 25 years of that incident, I still feel respect for that Muslim lady.She was an angel to me and my wife and this is my belief that “Love for others is the greatest worship”.

All the above words are as told by an Uncle who believes in loving others, caring for the poor without expecting anything in return. I feel proud about that Uncle.It’s easy to love your family but it’s not easy to love your neighbour untill and unless you have an open heart for it.

This is the lesson that that Uncle taught me and this is the lesson that I wanted to share with you all today.Loving others is much more important that keeping hold of caste feelings.Let’s all believe in one single relegion “Love for Humanity”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my Ex-roomieee..

Its all about Kids