Role Change



Why is this happening to me? Why am I rejected of the Lord’s love? Doesn’t God want to see me happy? A question that most of us ask a trillion times when we are faced with problems in our life. Even I had the same question yesterday evening. This question was there all throughout the evening till I got an answer from the Lord. The below sharing is all about such a situation.



It has been my wish for the past 1 year to move out from my current role in Quality Department and to explore carrier opportunities in some other streams. I came across a good opening with another department in Infosys and I was very keen to move into that. The catch was that movement is possible only if my current manager releases me. I was hopeful about the release. Now, You might be thinking why I should look out for a change. Several reasons , but the major one being the learning opportunities which I was missing in the current role & also neither my manager nor my department was able to give me a clarity for the current role. These reasons had started to create a feeling of frustration within me and all these forced me to look out for a change.



I had approached my manager on last Wednesday and presented the case to him. As per the policy, I was eligible for the movement (2 years in the current role) but ultimately it would require his approval. I also explained him the kind of situation that I was going through and why I badly needed that change. He asked me to wait for few days, as he needs to look into the matter seriously. Meeting him yesterday, he had given me the shock of the day. He told me that it will not be possible for a movement now as there is lot of activities to be done in the next 6 months. I really couldn’t understand his point. Where were all these activities hiding for the last 2 years ? and where from where did all these appeared suddenly ? I was left without work for the last 1 year and suddenly when I asked for the change all these tasks came into picture……UN ACCEPTABLE .. My manger asked me to stay for another 6 months -1 year and then I can think of moving out. From the bottom of my heart, I felt like hitting him …..grrrrrrrr . Why on earth should I stay for 1 more year and waste my carrier when I don’t have things to do ? I really couldn’t understand……



I was going home with this heavy heart. Even after reaching home It was very difficult for me to forget the incidents that happened @ office. Late in the night, I decided to surrender my thoughts into the feet of the Lord and pray. While in Prayer, I came across a beautiful vision – Since I am fond of movies, I believe God had shown me something which I could easily relate. He was showing me a movie in which the hero of the movie was killed in the initial 5 Minutes of the movie . Now he had asked me the question - Since the hero is killed, will you stop watching the movie or will you wait till the end to see what happens ? I replied to the Lord that I will wait till the end to see the climax J



Now things started getting clearer to me. Lord was asking me to wait and see the bigger picture and not to get disheartened with the situations that I face now. I was asked to read the book of Job , where Job is questioning the Lord about his difficulties . The Lord is showing him the universal side of his pains, and asked him not to look at these pains as lack of Lord’s Love, but as a means to understand the great plans that the Lord has for him.



This had changed my thoughts. I understood that the Lord’s plans are different from what I plan. His plans are always for my Good. He is the one who has the ultimate knowledge and wisdom. When I am having him as my Heavenly Father, why should I get worried about the knowledge and the learning’s of this world. He is the one who can give me everything that I need. The things that I learn in this world is nothing compared to the things I don’t know and this hidden knowledge is only with the Lord. All I need to do is to surrender to HIS will and pray . I should trust that my future, my carrier is all safe in HIS Hands.



I went to sleep with a light heart and being sorry for carrying so many negative thoughts in mind, even though it was for a short time…



Praise and Glory to the Lord…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my Ex-roomieee..

Its all about Kids