Wedding Anniversery


The purpose of this mail is to share an experience of customer service that me and my wife experienced Yesterday. We had celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday and as a part of that we decided to have dinner from Dominos. I called at a nearby dominos outlet and ordered at 8.45 PM. We waited till 9: 30 for the delivery and it did not happen. I made a second call at 9: 30 PM and enquired about the delivery. To my surprise the Customer Care Executive told me that there was no order placed by me . I was shocked. I asked him to verify the records at 8.45 PM , and he confirmed to me that there was no orders entered. I told him about my order and even the name of the executive who had taken the order. But, they told me the same old story and mentioned that if I need, I can place a fresh order now and they will deliver it in 20 Mins. I got angry and told them that I am not interested in any orders and I disconnected the phone.



After 10 mins, I got a call from the Dominos Outlet . The Guy told me that they are sorry for not punching the previous order in their system and they can deliver the items now again if I am giving the order. I just told them not to call me again and I am not interested in any orders . I was so angry for spoiling a wonderful wedding Anniversary dinner.



Later on, I decided not to leave the case like that. I logged into Dominos website and registered a complaint at 10 PM. I also entered the same complaint in their face book page. After 10 Mins, I received a call from Bombay Office of Dominos, inquiring about the complaint . I explained them all that happened and they were very sorry for that. They apologized and promised that such an issue will not happen in the Future. I was little ok by that time as my complaint was immediately responded. I told them that it was my Wedding Anniversary today and because of their poor service, I was hurt. They were very sorry for that and told me that they wanted to compensate me for that. They asked me to order whatever I would like to order and they would give this as complementary. I was not keen on taking that and we told them that we are not interested. But the Guy who called me was forcing me to take up something and told me that they do not want to leave any customer hurt. I agreed and ordered some items like Pizza, Garlic Bread etc etc worth 600-700 Rs. I told them that I will pay for this and I do not want it complementary. He agreed to that and this happened at 10.45 PM yesterday. At 11.10 THE LOCAL DOMINOS guy delivered these items at my home, and to my surprise they had also given a Bouquet of fresh flowers, with 2 slices of Chocolate Cake and the delivery boy told me that it was an Anniversary gift from their end. When I offered to pay him the bill for other items, he refused and told me that he has been instructed not to collected any money and all the items and delivered complementary. Despite my efforts to pay him, he refused, thanked us and left at 11:20 PM.



I was really happy with the way my case was dealt . We started to have our dinner and I again received a call from the Bombay office to confirm If I had received the items. I thanked them and they also requested me to Delete my face book post of the complaint only if I feel that my issue was settled. I agreed to that and did the same.



With yesterday’s event, I learned the importance of Customer Service, How to manage a dissatisfied customer and how to delight (VOW) a customer…..and of course how to celebrate a wedding anniversary free of cost 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my Ex-roomieee..

Its all about Kids